Thank you for contacting Painswick House Dental Practice for an appointment. Our apologies for this formal approach, but under the present circumstances we have escalated our usual protocols to ensure we keep you safe whilst attending the practice. We finally have a date from when we can return to work. Pleas
Whilst we do not yet know for sure what risks there may be, it is clear that dentistry as a whole may well pose a significant risk to both patients and staff alike if normal operating procedures are followed. This pack is to inform you of the changes we are facing under the present Risk Alert status and issue the various documents (our apologies for the paperwork, but we hope you understand the need) which we will need filled out in advance of your attendance.
It is certainly clear that normal service will not resume for some time, and that appointments will be significantly spread out to ensure we can adhere to Social Distancing and the very best cleanliness protocols.
Before you confirm an appointment:
- Check the urgency of the visit – we are really sorry, but normal is a long way off for dental treatment, and whilst the Government haven’t said, we need to consider your health (and those of your loved ones) very carefully)
- Check your contact details – we need to send you lots of information, so the very best way to do this is by email. We recognise that not everyone has this facility but hopefully we can send to most of our patients, and allowing us to speak to those remaining.
- Check your medical history – if you have filled one out in the last 24 months, this is likely to be just a confirmation exercise. Longer than this, we will need to go through it thoroughly. Please have your list of medications (if any) to hand when we speak. We may ask to see the list, so if you are able to send it via mobile telephone or email that would be very useful.
- Check how you feel at present; if you have symptoms that suggest you may be suffering from Covid-19, we will not be able to see, but instead refer you on to the dedicated local services.
- Talk you through the patient journey when you arrive -A terrible term, but it’s useful here. There is a document that outlines this attached. This journey will be very different to before this pandemic broke.
- Explain how payments are to be made;
- To reduce the risk at reception we will only be making appointments by telephone and take payments over the phone. When you do, please have your card ready for the various numbers.
Please do not worry about these elements; we are always more than happy to give you a call, and chat it through, so no-one should be concerned about the technical bits!
Attached below are the various documents we will send out: